Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jiggity Jig

So I am frequently asked by all my faithful reader, and by frequently I mean never, "The Travel Slob, when you are not traveling, where do you hang your hat at night?" Well you're in luck, true believers, as today I show off where I live! Also, if you plan to burglarize my apartment, please notify me so I can prepare.

Here we have Command Central, right next to the Captain's Quarters. Here is where I receive orders from Travel HQ, and also where I relay said instructions. Nearby is the large view screen where I can scout out potential places to visit. Sorry, Boston, Massachusetts, but after watching the visual report "Fringe", I can safely say I'll be avoiding your strange city.


Here we have the Navigator and Gunnery stations. Nearby you'll see the quarters of my crew members, First Mate Freddie and Security Chief Nazghûl, the World's Most Evil Parakeet.


Here is the entrance to the bridge, which is conveniently located near the dining deck. The glow in the viewport to the right is most likely a sign of nuclear winter. I waited a while before exiting.


Here we have the Galley, which is small enough for one. On the table I've left some Black Red Vines. Most likely I'm taking them out later as they've gone bad.

Here are my many visual security briefings. To the left is the weapons locker for hand-to-hand combat. To the right is the door where the hazardous environment suits are kept.


Another view of the galley. At the end is the access port to Maintenance Bay One. The galley seems to be in a bit of disorder since last mess. I'll need to speak to the one in charge of cleaning here.


Here is the Captain's Quarters. You get a rare treat today! Most often my quarters are closed to the public.

Now we move on to the War Room, where we store more briefings and scale models to plan combat operations.

Here's a sample of the combat troop models. They need a little work,still.

More combat and intelligence briefings. I've gathered quite a few. The boxes in the previous pictures contain more, I'm afraid. We simply haven't the storage to display them all.

And last, here's the Observation Deck. We've not had the budget to add more amenities for the crew, but we're hoping that soon more will be added.

Well, faithful reader, I hope you enjoyed the tour of the ship! Until the next time I can be bothered to actually post.

1 comment:

  1. Holy geez! I love, love, love that you embrace your "nerdom". That is one of your most endearing qualities!! Keep on being you...it causes me to break out into spontaneous smiling!

    ReplyDelete